Monday 5 August 2013

Celebrating 5 years of blogging with Semia Payasam( Vermicelli Pudding)!

                 Techie Cookie Freaky turns 5 today and i would like to thank my friends and family who inspires me to keep blogging. Initially i started off this blog as my online dairy to keep track of my dishes, when my friends or relatives ask for any recipe i used my blog as a medium to share the recipes with them. After being aware of some copycats i had to make my blog private so that only my friends and family can access it.Recently i decided to make my blog public with a copyright protection. As my blog is all about Technology and cooking i would like to write this post with a dessert recipe and a technology tip.

Technology Tip - Understanding Google's spam Inbox
                  Bloggers must have noticed google's spam inbox. Let me explain how it functions and how to deal with blog comments. I have noticed in many food blogs comments such as yummy! droolworthy! delicious! nice recipe etc.....With my understanding google detects these comments as spam and automatically sends it to the spam inbox. It might be upsetting for you to see your blogger friends comments going into a spam inbox. Google's spam detection is technically a function to help bloggers to avoid any spam messages. It functions in such a way if the number of words on the comments are too less it detects it as spam. If we have really read through the recipe and appreciated, we do leave a comment with some details , don't we?

Semia Payasam/Vermicelli Pudding -Recipe

    Payasam is a south Indian pudding traditionally made with milk and rice/lentils/semolina/vermicelli.

Ingredients:

   Roasted Vermicelli - 50 gms
   Ghee - 3 tsps or  Butter- a small chunk
   Whole Milk - 1 pint
   Raisins - 1/4 cup
   Cashews - a dozen
   Cardamom - a few
   Sugar - 3/4 cup
   Raspberries - a few(optional)

Cooking method:
    Boil the milk in a saucepan in a medium heat until it foams up. Reduce the heat and start cooking in sim by adding the vermicilli and cardamom . Cardamom can also be added in the powdered form for a better flavour. Stir occasionally until the vermicilli is cooked thouroughly.Add the sugar at this point and stir until it dissolves. Heat up a small chunk of butter or 3 tsps of ghee and roast the raisins and cashewnuts .Add it to the pudding,mix well with a spatula,wait for the vermicilli to absorb the milk. Top it up with raspberries . Best Served Chilled !



Here's a virtual treat for all my loved ones and my readers


Sending this entry to FSF Summer - August Challenge  'Summer Puds'Four Seasons Food
Four Seasons Food hosted by Delicieux and Chezfoti

2 comments:

Anneli (Delicieux_fr) said...

What an interesting dessert! I love the use of cardamom in there. I am really curious to try this pud and see what vermicelli feels like in a sweet dish! Intriguing....

Gajus kitchen said...

Congrats Kavi on completing 5 years of blogging and what a perfect sweet to celebrate the occassion.Loved the addition of raspberries in the pudding.