Saturday 22 June 2013

Spicy Puffed Rice

As it was raining yesterday, we wanted to eat something spicy which can be made very quickly. My friend recently vistited India and brought me some nice roasted peanuts . Would love to add curry leaves to this snack but it's not easy to get hold of curry leaves in the UK at the moment. I made my  rainy-day favourite snack which took just 5 minutes .
Ingredients:
Puffed Rice - 150 gms
Roasted Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Bengal gram - 1/4 cup
Dried red chilli - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsps





Cooking Method:

 Heat the oil in a pan and do the seasoning with mustard seeds. Crush the garlic and roast it in the oil.Add the peanuts and bengal gram at this stage and roast for a couple of minutes.



Add the rest of the ingredients and stir for 3 minutes.







1 comment:

Hayley said...

Spicy mamra my fav snack..reminded my school days..which part of UK are you living in ? We ger curry patta anyday, anytime..thnx for linking